Thursday, March 11, 2010

MY BRAIN IS MESSING UP



On Monday my Manager asked me if I could come into work early today. (For me 10:00 is early!) It must have been waking up at the crack of dawn (that would be 8:32am in this house) that made my brain go on vacation for the day.


It was a busy work day and I got a lot done. But apparently my brain was still home in bed--at least the part of it that keeps track of my time and schedule. Because the day flew by, and suddenly it was 5:00 and I only had an hour to get to my Microsoft Word class at Wor-Wic Community College! I barely had time to drive through McDonald's (my favorite seafood restaurant because I like my fish headless, square, bigger than the piece of cheese sitting on it, loaded with tartar sauce to dip a few fries in, and on a squishy bun).

I got to the class just in time, but NO ONE WAS THERE! I waited for a few minutes until it dawned on me that I'd gone to that class last night, and no one was there because my Thursday class ended last week. Sometimes my lights are on but no one's home. Or as my son, Eric, would say I'm "a few fries short of a happy meal".
I drove all the way to Salisbury and now I have an unexpected free couple of hours. What do I do now? Get a manicure of course! I'm so glad I paid attention to the hot nail colors on the red carpet so I'd know what color to get. Because my brain couldn't handle all those color choices today!

Am I shallow, or what!

No comments: